We work with each of our owners to develop a plan that suits their individual needs—and the needs of their properties. You can download a list of our services, which include::
- Leasing Services – our step by step approach increases your return on investment
- Tenant Relations – working to keep your best tenants happy
- Maintenance Services – our services help protect your investment
- Accounting and Administration – we can take care of regulations, money matters and record keeping
- Vacant Property Services – arranging for services between occupancies
- Customized Packages – tailoring a package specific to your needs
- FAQs – frequently asked questions
We’ll find a qualified tenant for you in the shortest possible time and at the best possible monthly rental rate. Our step-by-step approach includes:
- Market research of property values to optimize your rental rate
- Recommendation of property repairs and renovations to maximize return on your investment
- Coordination and management of repairs and renovations to ensure that all work gets done properly—and on time
- Marketing your property to rent it quickly, including For Rent signs, taking photos and posting your property on popular listing services, including the Realtor® multiple listing service (MRIS) and Craigslist, among others.
- Maintaining a lockbox to facilitate viewing and increase visitors to vacant properties
- Reviewing applications for tenants to find long-term occupants who are the right fit for your property, including:
- Verifying income
- Running credit checks
- Checking previous landlord references
- Reviewing tenant’s move-in requests
- Preparing the property for rental to qualified tenants, including:
- Providing required lead paint forms & brochures, when needed
- Preparing the lease
- Collecting the security deposit
Happy tenants become long-term tenants. As an owner, you know that long-term tenants are also the most profitable. We’ll work with your property’s occupants to ensure their satisfaction, while taking good care of your investment. Our tenant services include:
- Move-in inspection with tenants, including:
- An inventory of items in the property
- A condition of property report
- Photo documentation
- Tenant orientation to the property to ensure a smooth transition, including:
- Providing keys
- Setting expectations for maintenance
- Location of shut-off valves and switches
- Instructions for operating special appliances & equipment
- Trash and recycling policies
- Furnace and water filter maintenance
- Smoke detector inspection
- Collecting monthly rent
- Assisting in enforcement of lease terms
- Move-out inspections with tenant to ensure that your property is left in good condition
- Assessing and returning the appropriate security deposit
We’ll handle all of your property’s needs for maintenance, with an eye to protecting your profitability for the long term. Our maintenance services include:
- Property inspections
- Handling tenant calls for repairs promptly
- Recommending, coordinating and supervising all maintenance, repairs and major upgrades for both the short and long term
Accounting & Administration:
With over 30 years of property management experience, we know the ins and outs of the business. We’ll keep you compliant with local and federal regulations, complete all necessary paperwork and report to you regularly on your properties. Our accounting and administration services include:
- Licensing your property with local governments, including handling any inspections
- Lead paint compliance in accordance with state & federal laws
- Holding security deposits
- Negotiating lease renewal and rent increases with tenants
- Making sure all payments get made, including mortgage, condo/HOA fee, taxes and insurance
- Maintaining all files associated with the property
- Providing you with monthly statements, a yearly summary of expenses and yearly 1099 forms for your taxes
Vacant Property Services:
When a property is vacant between tenants, it still needs to be managed to both attract a tenant and preserve the value of the property. Our vacant property services include:
- Arranging lawn maintenance
- Periodically checking property to ensure that the property is in good condition
- Transferring utilities such as electric, gas, water, etc. to make sure that vital utilities continue to function
- Arranging for any repairs as necessary
Let us customize a package to fit your needs.
To schedule a consultation for your property or portfolio, call us at 240-292-1040. We’ll schedule a time to discuss how we can help you manage—and protect—your investment.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
- How and when will I receive my rent?
Rent is collected from the tenant between the 1st and 10th of the month. Around the 12th of the month (though the date may vary based on weekends and banking holidays) money is transferred into your account and an email statement is sent.
- What do I get at the end of the year to help me prepare my taxes?
In January you will receive a 1099 tax statement as well as the yearly statement showing all income and expenses handled by Eagle Management, LLC. You may have other expenses that are not paid by Eagle Management, LLC. Be sure to keep track of the expenses for tax time.
- Can I use the security deposit now and give it back when the tenant moves out?
No. Maryland law requires the security deposit to be put in an escrow account with a federally insured financial institution doing business in the state of Maryland. Interest from this account must be paid to the tenant.
- Why do I have to pay the tenant 3% interest on the security deposit when I can’t receive that return from the bank?
Unfortunately the landlord is required by Maryland law to pay the tenant 3% interest. In prior years it has been even higher. For a number of years the Realtor organization and the National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM) has tried to have the law changed. However, the MD Legislature has not passed a bill to make the change. Please call you state delegates and senators.